Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Kyoto


We picked the season to go to Kyoto. We picked this season to go to Kyoto. This season is the season that everybody goes to Kyoto. If you like pictures of people, I have those. In between the clutter of blue skies, red temples, and yellow leaves, I was able to gather some photographs of people. I had hoped to capture these individuals in a natural state, and to this end I succeed.


It has been my observation, that people are nervous around cameras. And yet, I was able to wade through huge clusters of people, while raising no alarm with my picture taking. With disregard to the mildly overbearing presence of the historically significant temples and shrines, my people watching weekend was a fantastic success!


An out of focus person in the background, paper prayers in the foreground.




What a herd!








The Geisha look is very big in Kyoto. There are actually salons where tourists (such as these two) can pay to be all geished-up.






I came across a baseball game in the trees. If you are not within spitting distance of a baseball game, then you are not spitting hard enough.




I led my team to victory in the sand castle competition at summer camp once, but these monks are out of my league.




Aqueduct.


Aqueduct from above.


From the roof of my hostel.


A narrow street with many people, and a restaurant for each one of them.


Jackson loves the taiko arcade game, and will play at every opportunity.


I had my portrait professionally done by this machine.


The final day was a wet one. And I am a weirdo for not traveling with an umbrella.










Last moments walking around before catching my bullet train out of town.

1 comment:

Z$ said...

I enjoyed seeing all the architecture in Kyoto as well as some of Japan's natural splendor. Keep taking photos...i'm diggin them.